Most people have a normal house cleaning routine that includes basic organizing, tidying and straightening up, but every so often we need to do a deep house cleaning to really get rid of unwanted dirt, grime and bacteria. A deep, full house cleaning is a way to reset the energy in your space so that you can feel more comfortable and healthy while enjoying spending time in your home.
Doing a true, deep house cleaning takes a lot of effort and for many people it just doesn’t fit in between work, sleep and recreation time. When you get time off, you should be able to enjoy doing some activity you love rather than working on your house, so you should consider hiring a house cleaning service to at least do a deep house cleaning and get your house into good shape.
Professional house cleaning services will get your house looking great, but you may be wondering what to expect when you hire professional house cleaners to do a deep cleaning. In that case we have created this article to let you know what a typical cleaning company will include when you ask for a deep house cleaning.
When To Have A Deep House Cleaning
To properly maintain your home you will need to deep clean it about two to four times per year. A cleaning company will normally want to do a deep cleaning if it is the first time that you hire them, or whenever you feel you need more than just a basic house cleaning service.
You may be able to set a schedule with your house cleaning service to do a deep cleaning every four months or so, or they may let you decide that you only want a deep cleaning when you request it. Companies like to do a deep cleaning on their first visit because they are not sure of the condition of your home, and they want to get it into a basic level of clean so that then on future visits they will be doing a lighter, maintenance cleaning which will cost less.
Having a professional cleaning service come to your house may seem like a luxury item that you should do yourself, but it can actually be a lot more economical than you think. Getting your home professionally deep cleaned is a perfect way to reset your home and start maintaining it.
You spend so much time working hard, you deserve to spend your free time doing things you love, not deep cleaning your home. Hire a cleaning service and you will enjoy your free time more, but also enjoy spending time in your nice clean home.
Deep House Cleaning Checklist By Room
Here we will make a checklist of all the cleaning items that can be included in a deep cleaning for each room of your home. You will need to check with your cleaning company to make sure that they include everything you want to have done.
Some cleaning companies may have different prices for each cleaning chore you want done. Be sure that you have a detailed conversation with your cleaning company before you agree to hire them. Make certain that they will clean everything you want for the price you want.
Not understanding exactly what a cleaning company will do in your home is a great way to be disappointed and then have a problem. Know exactly what you are paying for with a cleaning service and you will set yourself up for success.
Use this checklist to ask what a company includes in a deep cleaning service, and then you can request any additional items you want cleaned.
- Disinfect garbage can inside and out
- Clean microwave inside and out
- Clean and organize inside of refrigerator, wipe down and disinfect outside
- Clean the stove top, including the burners and under the hood
- Clean inside the oven
- Get rid of soap scum from inside of dishwasher and empty particle filter, clean the outside
- Wash inside of windows and window sill
- Disinfect and polish the sink and faucet
- Clean the cabinet doors
- Empty, dust and organize inside of cabinets
- Vacuum refrigerator coils (too much dust build up can badly affect performance)
- Sweep and mop the floors
- Disinfect all countertops and backsplashes
- Clean all cabinet hardware and shine if necessary
- Disinfect light switches and door knobs
- Clean under the sink
- Dust and wipe air vents
- Clean and disinfect the toilet and the space behind the toilet
- Clean mirror with glass cleaner
- Scrub all tile and grout, removing any scum
- Wash the trash bin inside and out
- Clean towel racks
- Shine all faucets and shower heads
- Clean the shower/bath drain
- Clean shower door/ shower curtain
- Clean light switches and around outlets
- Clean the ceiling
- Wash cabinet doors
- Organize cabinets and dust inside and on top
- Clean light fixtures
- Scrub the bathtub/ shower stall, making sure to get rid of soap and water stains
- Dust and wipe crown molding, wall corners and baseboards
- Disinfect dining table, being careful to clean the surface with the right cleaner
- Wipe all chairs from top to bottom
- Clean any rugs
- Sweep or vacuum floors
- Mop floors
- Remove any scuffs from the walls
- Clean light fixtures
- Wash place mats
- Clean Light Fixtures
- Dust the ceiling corners and molding
- Vacuum couch and other upholstered furniture
- Vacuum carpets, shake out rugs, sweep and mop hard floors
- Disinfect remote controls and light switches
- Dust lamps
- Dust electronics
- Clean electronic screens
- Dust and clean framed pictures and mirrors
- Clean inside of windows and window sills
- Clean light fixtures or ceiling fans
- Move furniture and clean underneath
- Dust all ceiling corners
- Wipe crown molding and baseboards
- Clean under bed
- Dust all lamps
- Dust bedside table
- Dust the tops of wardrobes and dressers
- Organize the closet
- Clean rugs
- Vacuum carpets
- Sweep and mop hard floors
- Clean behind headboard
- Clean inside of windows
- Vacuum mattress and boxspring
- Clean door knobs
- Dust light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Clean ceiling, especially the corners and crown moulding
- Dust light fixtures
- Vacuum/ sweep floor
- Wipe down baseboards
- Mop hard floors
- Take out hall runners to shake them, vacuum rugs on both sides
- Disinfect light switches
- Dust framed pictures and clean glass or mirrors
Call us anytime for inquiries, free estimates, and booking appointments or you can always check us on Twitter!