Table of Contents
For most of us, house cleaning is a chore that can easily get lost between work, hobbies and sleep, that is why having a house cleaning checklist can be extremely useful. It is so easy to forget all of the things we need to do to maintain our clean home, but a deep cleaning checklist is a way many people keep track of everything that they have done and everything that still needs to be done.
A cleaning checklist will make it so that you remember all the steps to keeping your house clean, and you can even use it to help you hire a house cleaning service. If there are items on your house cleaning checklist that you are struggling to get done, you can call in professionals to pick up the slack that you are just not finding the time for.
In this article we will share our professional house cleaning checklist that we use to help our staff stay on track. You can use this house cleaning checklist to maintain your home like the pros do.
General Cleaning Checklist For All House Areas
To get a long day of cleaning started the right way, you should definitely consider turning on a good music playlist or some podcasts, this will help the cleaning go by more quickly and you will feel entertained instead of getting bored and taking too many breaks. Cleaning is about persistence, and if you can just keep going you will have your house cleaned before you know it.
Here is the basic house cleaning checklist you can use for sanitizing and decontaminating your home.
- Wiping down furniture and countertops
- Dusting baseboards and crown moldings
- Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping your hard surface and carpeted floors
- Dusting your ceiling fans, blinds, windowsills, and cabinets
- Wiping off switches and appliances
- Emptying and disinfecting trash bins
Those are the basic tasks that should be accomplished at least every week around the house. If you don’t do this, dust and dirt will build up and become a great place for dangerous bacterias, viruses and fungi to thrive. Completing this house cleaning checklist will make sure that your house is clean and safe for you to really enjoy living in it.
Cleaning List for Your Kitchen
Keeping your kitchen clean during a busy week can be especially difficult, but especially important to prevent food poisoning. This kitchen house cleaning checklist can be stuck on your fridge to remind you to keep everything sanitary and make your meal preparation a happy process.
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Wiping appliances and microwaves
- Cleaning backsplash
- Sanitizing and disinfecting sink and faucet
- Cleaning chairs, cabinets, and table
- Dusting window sills, blinds, baseboards, and switches
- Emptying your trash, recycling and compost
Keeping on top of these tasks will guarantee that your food stays safe and that you will be able to feel comfortable cooking in your kitchen. Using this house cleaning checklist will ensure your kitchen is a great environment to prepare delicious food.
House Cleaning Checklist For Bathrooms
Bathrooms are well, bathrooms, so you need to always maintain them or they can get really gross. Fortunately bathrooms are small so can be maintained in half an hour or less.
- Scrubbing and disinfecting your tub and shower area
- Cleaning vanity tops, sink, and faucet
- Dusting vanity cabinets, windowsills, and blinds
- Wiping off glass enclosures and mirrors
- Cleaning and disinfecting toilet
- Mopping and disinfecting floor
- Emptying trash receptacles
Your bathroom is such an important part of getting ready for the day and it is where you practice a lot of self care, so making a house cleaning checklist for the bathroom will help to keep it a great place to take care of yourself.
House Cleaning Checklist For Bedrooms
A messy bedroom can lead to anxiety and poor sleep. This bedroom house cleaning checklist will make sure that your rest is effective and leaves you ready to win your day.
- Make the bed everyday
- Empty your trash bin
- Wiping lamps, switches, and bedside tables
- Dusting window sills, blinds, and baseboards
- Wiping your mirror and dresser
- Sweeping floors
- Change bed sheets every week
Your sleep is such an important part of your well being that it is critical you keep to this house cleaning checklist.
House Cleaning Checklist For Living Rooms
Your living room is where you will spend a lot of your free time and where you will entertain guests, so keeping it clean will make everyone feel comfortable and able to relax. You should always be tidying your living room, breaking up the cleaning into smaller chunks at any spare moment you have. This living room house cleaning checklist is meant as a weekly job.
- Dusting and straightening your sofa, ottomans, and loveseats
- Vacuuming carpeted or sweeping hard floors
- Removing smudges on glass and mirrors
- Dusting ceiling fans, blinds, windowsills, and baseboards
- Emptying trash bins
- Wiping all furniture and fixtures
- Putting clutter away
House Cleaning Checklist for Our Deep Cleaning Service
At Next Day Cleaning, we offer a deep one-time house cleaning package that can get your house to a baseline clean that is then easier to maintain on your own. All our residential and commercial cleaning services are flexible to fit any budget.
We understand that it can be really easy to fall behind on your house cleaning, and having a cleaning service come to get your home to a manageable state can be the best way to stay on track.
Here are some of the critical areas we include in our professional deep cleaning checklist:
- Cleaning and disinfecting your dishwasher
- Deep tile and grout cleaning
- Vent covers and shower curtains
- Range hood dusting
- Faucet shining
- Cleaning your patio or porch
- Trash receptacles
We are proud of being one of the top green cleaning companies in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. All our housemaids are licensed, trained, and bonded for residential and commercial clients in the area.
We hope that this article brings light to your house cleaning regimen. Nevertheless, if you need our assistance, don’t hesitate to contact our office today.
Need Professional House Cleaning Assistance
At Next Day Cleaning, you can expect a cost-efficient range of house and commercial cleaning solutions. If you need our professional assistance, or need house cleaning tips, do call our office for inquiries, appointments, and free quotes.
Get your free estimate today by contacting us through email or phone. Call us now or visit us on Facebook!