Everyone loves a clean home. It takes discipline and regular upkeep to keep everything in the home hygienic and in pristine condition. House cleaning is an integral part of every day’s errand and to-do list.
Table of Contents
Cleaning the house can be overwhelming when you have so many things to manage on your plate – work, parenthood, school, and other important matters. Aside from the tasks at hand, you also need to think about the four seasons. Each season requires careful consideration as they offer different weather conditions. Well, there are professional cleaning services you can hire to help you achieve a clean home for every season.
Follow through to get some seasonal house cleaning tips to help you manage the cleanliness of your home and manage everything that each season offers.
Summer House Cleaning Tips
Summer means lazy afternoon, outdoor fun, and backyard barbecue parties. It also means open windows and cold iced drinks. Gather your materials, because it’s time to move your elbows:
- Open all your doors and windows and check for tracks. Clean these tracks and lubricate them using silicone spray. Clean windows and doors and vacuum any remaining debris. Dry windows using a lint-free towel.
- One of the most challenging stains when cleaning a house during summer, are ice cream, juice drinks, and dirt. So, prepare your stain removal solutions.
- Prepare your outdoors for some games. Scrub the deck and driveway, and bring out your outdoor toys.
- Are you ready for some barbecue? Scrub and wipe the grill and clean your patio furniture.
- Sanitize and discharge your garbage cans. Sprinkle a few amounts of baking soda into the bottom to keep odors and minimize mold and bacteria growth. This is an effective mold cleaning tip you can surely count on.
- Snack Time! Since you’ll be busy cooking for all summer, prepare and clean your microwave regularly.
- Your bathroom needs to be disinfected and cleansed at least twice a week because of the increased temperature due to summer weather. Check for mold, turn on the exhaust fan when bathing, and leave the bathroom door open when not in use. This allows air to properly circulate inside the bathroom.
- If you have active family members who love sports, it’s time to prepare your sunscreen, shades and mirror.
House Cleaning Tips for Fall
Before winter hits, you must prepare your house in Fall. This is the best time to prepare your house before winter comes. While the temperature is still not that cold outside, you can still clean your carpets and furniture. If you’re going to hire a carpet cleaner, make sure that you compare different carpet cleaning costs before settling with one.
- Cleaning and organizing your cabinets and wardrobe.
- Check and sanitize the ductwork of your HVAC system.
- You can still catch up with your carpet and upholstery cleaning.
- Do a thorough cleaning of your living room and bedrooms.
- Vacuum and wash your upholstery and draperies.
Winter House Cleaning Tips
Before and during the cold season, it’s best to keep your home sanitized. Take note, you’ll be staying indoors most of the time to stay away from cold feet. It’s also the best time to spend more time with family. And wouldn’t it be nice to have a clean and comfortable home during winter? Here are some cleaning tips for winter:
- Vacuum the dust behind your fridge and cabinets. You can also clean the coils of your fridge. If you want to clean the inside of your fridge, that would also be great.
- Time to clean off your chimney. Your fireplace will be used more frequently during winter. Better to remove those excess dust and ashes to give your chimney an updated condition.
- Give your lighting fixtures some gentle cleaning. There might be piles of dust there. It can dim the lights. You can also include wiping off your hanging pendant lights or chandeliers.
- Now is also the best time to clean your appliances and personal computers. Blow off or vacuum the dust on your PCs or appliances. This helps avoid damaging their circuitry and electronic parts.
House Cleaning Tips for Spring
Spring is the best time for you to do a house cleaning schedule. The weather starts to warm up, and it’s perfect for washing and drying your things outside. You can also open your windows already, so you can do carpet cleaning and vacuuming. Below are some tips for your spring cleaning routine:
- Vacuum your baseboards, carpets, and upholstery. Don’t worry about dust since you can open your windows, and you can clean your vacuum when it’s full.
- You can freely clean your fireplace without worrying about cold feet outside. You can now put those ashes outside your home without the fear of winter.
- Replace or clean the filters of your AC or HVAC system. This is needed to ensure you have clean and crisp indoor air.
- Time to check if there are cracks on your windows, roofs, and walls. If there are, then you can seal that off with a caulking gun or filler. This ensures thermal insulation in your home.
- You can also clean your patio as well.
Daily house cleaning jobs you can do
Keeping your space tidy and clean is a daily challenge. You need to form a habit of this, otherwise, it becomes an annoying task that you need to do every day. Below are some things you can do for your daily cleaning routine:
- Make your bed after waking up.
- Wiping off your countertops and coffee maker.
- Vacuuming your carpets and sofa
- Sanitizing your sink and kitchen countertop.
- Cleaning your toilet after using it
If you don’t have the time to handle these cleaning chores, you can always call a local house cleaning service near you. These professionals have the expertise and equipment to efficiently sanitize your home and office.
Find a reliable cleaning company for your deep house cleaning needs. If you still haven’t found one, you can lean on Next Day Cleaning. We have been your trusted house cleaners for more than ten years.
Annual house cleaning tips
There are some cleaning jobs that can be done once a year. Even if not done frequently, still, it requires lots of work because of the accumulated dust and grime on those areas. Below are some areas you need to clean once a year:
- Fireplace and chimney
- HVAC vents, ductwork, and air filters
- Carpets and upholstery
- Windows and roofs
- Gutter and drapes
Need help with your seasonal house cleaning requirements? Contact Us!
These cleaning tips, we hope it can help you maintain the reputation of your home. In case you require help with this, you can hire a professional for their deep house cleaning services. Next Day Cleaning is here to help you with that. Our comprehensive system of sanitizing and disinfecting your home is the best solution for keeping your home safe and clean.
Should you require a free estimate for your house cleaning needs, you can request a free quote from us.
You can also call us at (202) 968-2004 for inquiries or to book an appointment.
Visit us on Instagram, or contact us now to get a free estimate!